Japan SHIMAYA Konbu Dashi / Iriko Dashi / Shiitake Dashi Soup Powder (8g x 7 sachets) Vegetarian Kelp Soup Powder / Dried Sardine Soup
- Konbu Dashi (Vegetarian Kelp Soup Powder) ✅ Vegetarian-friendly
- Iriko Dashi (Dried Sardine Fish Soup Powder)
- Shiitake Dashi (Mushroom Powder)
Hondashi in Japanese cuisine is similar to chicken or vegetable stock in Western cuisines, as it is what provides the flavour base for many Japanese dishes. Translated as “real broth,” Hondashi is made from dried bonito fish, seaweed essence and additional flavors.
Great for vegetarians, this soup stock contains no meat, just seaweed. Use with miso paste to make miso soup, or with soy sauce and red pepper to make chige hot pot. Can also be used in soup bases for noodle dishes. Highly versatile and important in Japanese cooking. Traditionally made from katsuobushi bonito flakes and konbu kelp strained together, this instant variety is much quick and easier to prepare.
Using the dried Sardine from Nagasaki, this soup stock is different from the normal bonito flavoured stocks as it uses sardines instead. This dashi no moto is the perfect base flavour for all of your Japanese cooking. Each packet comes with 7 sachets. Each sachet will make enough stock for around 3 people depending on the desired strength.
【Shiitake - Mushroom】
Salt Monosodium Glutamate, Lactose, Granulated Sugar, Mushroom Powdered, Corthellus Shiitake (Mushroom) Extract, Potato, Disodium5'-Inosinate, Disodium5'-Guanylate.
Allergy infor: Contain Milk
• For noodle dipping sauces use 1 stick of dashi with 1 litre of water.
• For boiled dishes use 1/2 a stick with 600ml water.
• Vinegared and pickled dishes will require 1/4 stick of dashi. • Use 1/2 a stick of dashi with 4 bowls worth of rice for ochazuke.
• Sushi vinegar needs 1/2 stick per 75ml.
• Stews and boiled tofu requires 1/2 stick of dashi with 1 litre per water.